Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

Leilani - Winter Learning Journey ( All About Pure New Zealand) Day 1!

#Day 1 100 % New Zealand


Yay it is the first day of the school holiday's.I am so excited to be apart of the winter learning journey.Today we are going to be doing day 1.It is all about New Zealand while all of the activities are about New Zealand. Ok let's get started!

Activity 1:  Go to the Tourism New Zealand website and click on the ‘Facts - New Zealand People’ tab. Read about the people of New Zealand and then choose three interesting facts to post on your blog. The facts must be written in your own words. Do not simply copy and paste the facts from the website☺.

Fact 1 - New Zealand has many different types of people.In New Zealand there a lot's of people that have genius ideas that involve dangerous and safe things. New Zealander's have found and search many things and have made them super cool.
Fact 2 - When it comes to New Zealand lot's of people like the outdoors.No matter where it is it is still very beautiful.Did you know that New Zealand landscape is the most beautiful thing in the world ( to me it is ).Also New Zealanders also like there water the water in New Zealand is out standing.

Fact 3 - When you come to New Zealand every one is kind.When you come to New Zealand there would be many different things going on.Lot's of people know each other in each city.We are all kind,respectful and we all have great ideas.Most of the time when you come to New Zealand you would properly see markets,big family's,cool games and more!

Ok now that is done .It was super cool and now we can move onto the next activities . The next one is all about Auckland,New Zealand.So let's get started!

Activity 2: Your tour of New Zealand is going to start right here in Auckland. Watch the Tourist video for Auckland to learn about the awesome things that you can see and do in the city. Once you’ve finished, choose your favourite five activities from the video and list them on your blog.  

Fact 1- Auckland is on the south side of New Zealand.It is also the most populist city in New Zealand.
Fact 2 - Auckland has the most sailing boat's in the whole world.
Fact 3 - Auckland biggest landscape is Rangitoto island it is very big and you can see it from the whole city.
Fact 4 - Did you know that where ever you go in Auckland there is water near by!
Last fact - Auckland has plenty of outdoor's and indoor activities.There is also a lot of culture all around Auckland.
Ok Iv'e been doing well on this .Ok so now we have finish activity 2 now let's move on to activity 3.Let's start.

Bonus activity!!


Bonus Activity: Now it’s time to start your tour! Curious Kiwi decides to start by taking you on a short tour through downtown Auckland. You stop at the Sky Tower, the tallest building in all of New Zealand. When you look up, you see a huge New Zealand flag on the top of the tower. This flag was created back in 1902. That makes the New Zealand flag 115 years old!
H:\Blogging Study\WLJ 2017\New Zealand flag.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_New_Zealand#/media/File:Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg

Last year, the Prime Minister of New Zealand suggested that we should replace the flag with a new, updated design. He invited everyone in New Zealand to come up with their own flag design and submit it.
For this activity, it is your turn to design a new flag. Use any drawing programme that you wish.  Once you have finished, post a copy of your design on your blog. Describe the flag, in words, below the picture. Be sure to tell us what is on the flag and what inspired your design.   

Bonus point's = 8

For my flag I keep it very simple.I didn't want to much colour and to crazy.I still wanted the four star's so I keep it.My them colour that I went with is black,white and red I thought that those are some simple colour's.At first I was going to go with yellow but then I was no.I didn't know what I wanted to do so I just winged it and hope that it turned out good.





7 comments:

  1. Whoa This is amazing im starting to think your better than me but where both great. Ive posted too on my blog now one on friday the l;ast day of school and today on sunday the 8th of july. Yay im so so so so so so happy

    From madison
    :)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madison,

      It is great to see you actively supporting Leilani by posting a comment on her blog. Well done - you've made me very happy!

      Cheers, Rachel :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Rachel Im happy that you have finally posted a commet on her blog she keeps on asking me when you are going to on gmail. At lest it will make her happy thats what matters.
      :)...

      Delete
    3. Hey Madison!

      Thank you so much for being a amazing friend you are a very good person.I hope that I post comments on your blog because how outstanding it is.I hope you have a great school holidays BYE BYE!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Leilani,

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey blogging programme! I am so excited that you have joined us this holiday and already posted so many blogs. WOW - you have been really busy. This is great!

    I particularly enjoyed through your blog posts for Day #1. The flag that you designed is really simple but very classy. I think that you have struck a nice balance between your colours. I agree that yellow isn't necessarily the right choice for a New Zealand flag. I usually think of black and white when I think of NZ. I am intrigued by the inclusion of a cross and a red lightning bolt. What do they represent? Are they a specific reference to a place in New Zealand?

    I hope that you will have time to write back and tell me more about what inspired you to include these items in your flag! I also hope that you will continue to post such great blogs.

    As Madison has said, you are doing great!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyyyy Rachel

      Thank you so much for being a such amazing person to everyone.The red lighting blots just came randomly because I really just wanted to make it a bit cooler than just making it look plain and normal.Also the cross repersent god and how he passed away on the cross.Thank you so much BYE BYE!!

      Delete
    2. Heyyyy Leilani,

      Thanks for writing back and explaining what inspired you to include the cross and the lightning bolt.

      Keep up the great work with your blogging! I am really enjoying your posts :)

      ~Rachel

      Delete