Pages

Thursday 28 December 2017

Leilani Holiday Blogging - Summer Learning Journey - Week 3 , Day 4 - Perms and Lycra !

Summer Learning Journey

-

Week 3 , Day 4 - Perms and Lycra

Activity 1 - Hairy Maclary


One of the most famous children’s stories to ever come out of New Zealand, Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy, was written by a kiwi woman named Lynley Dodd. The book was originally published in 1983. It is now sold in dozens of countries around the world. It features a small dog named Hairy.

On your blog, use the following sentence starter from the original book to finish the story.

“Out of the gate and off for a walk went Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy…”

To earn full points, your story should have, at least, 8-10 sentences.

-------------------------

My Version of Hair Maclary

Out of the gate and off for a walk went Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy. Hairy Maclary didn't have that many friends but he had one. His name is Max. Max and Hairy Maclary are best friend's. When Max and Hair Maclary were walking down a allie way then The Patch came out of a building. The Patch were some mean dogs that lived a few houses down for Max. The Patch saw Max and Hair Maclary. " Hey , what are you doing down here ?" said the leader of The Patch. " am m m we are just pasting by " Said Max. Max and Hairy Maclary were very scared. The leader of The Patch shouted " GET THEM! " . Max and Hairy Maclary ran throw mud piles , homes , pools and some people got very mad. After running around Hairy Maclary and Max were out of breath. Luckily The Patch lost them. " Phew " ,We nearly got catch" said Hairy Maclary. To Be Continued.......

--------------------------

london.jpgActivity 2 - The Big " Oe "


sydney.jpg
In the 1980s it became increasingly common for students to graduate from high school and take a year off to travel and experience the world. This year was often referred to as the ‘Big OE’ or ‘Big Overseas Experience.’ A number of kiwis headed to places like Australia and England to live and work before returning to New Zealand to finish their studies.

Imagine that you are a student in the 1980s and you’re about to graduate from high school. Where would you like to go on your big OE? On your blog tell us which country you would visit and give us three (3) reasons for your choice. Find some pictures on the internet of things that you would like to see and do in this country.

I’d love to go to Switzerland and spend lots of time in the mountains, learning how to ski!










---------------------

My first country I would like to visit is Hawaii. Why? Because i've never been to Hawaii and I would like my mum and dad to relax and spend time together. While me and my sister go shopping. Hawaii is such a welcoming , relaxing and beautiful place to be.

Where I would like to go :

Image result for Dancing in Hawaii

Image result for fun things to do in hawaii






Image result for Spend time with my family




I would like to watch people perform their beautiful dance that they have practice for. Because I love watching people dance and be confidante.

I would like to go onto this ballon and float above the water. Because I would see the beautiful views and it would just be amazing.

Now the most important thing that I would like to do in Hawaii is to spend time with my family.
Because with out spending time that is called not a vacation.

If I could go to more countries I would pick Dubai. Because there it has so much fun activity's to do and we can fly with the Emirates first class. Also another country that I would go to is Usa. Because my daddy has always wanted to go Disney Land and all I want to do is make him happy.

---------------------------

Bonus Activity - The 4 o'clock News


In 1982, Te Karere, a Māori-language news show premiered on television. It has continued to stream live on TV to this day. If you would like to watch it, turn on TV One at 3:55 p.m. each weekday and you will see it. The show is often hosted by a man named Scotty Morrison.

Imagine that you were Scotty Morrison and you were able to interview anyone you wanted. I would choose to interview our new prime minister, Jacinda Ardern. I’d love to know what it is like to be the Prime Minister.  What about you? Who would you choose to interview and why? What would you like to find out?

----------------------


I would also like to interview Jacinda Ardern because I would like to ask her what is she going to do with our country and I wanna know if she is happy and proud that she has won for prime minister. I would love to find out more of Jacinda Ardern and talk about her life behind everything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Leilani, glad to see you are completing more activities. You've been working so hard these holidays, keep it up!

    I liked reading that you were interested in interviewing Jacinda Ardern. I think she would make for an engaging interview. I like that you want to ask her tough questions like what is she going to do with our country. It's also cool how you've written about your desire to learn about her personal life too.

    What other famous person would you like to interview?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Billy

    Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my SLJ.

    Another famous person I would love to interview would of been Neil Armstrong. But since he had pasted away I wasn't too sure who else I wanted to interview. Since I learnt that he was the first to land on the moon I thought that was pretty cool.

    Leilani :)

    ReplyDelete